Search This Blog

Thursday 16 November 2023

T is for treats


 Not the big treats like a cruise or a wonderful meal out, but the little things, often very inexpensive, which bring a smile to my face each day.

There's the first cup of coffee when I get up in the morning.  Or later in the day, iced water by my side,  

There's the pleasure I get each time I open my cupboard and see the lovely china which I now use everyday and not just on special occasions.

There's the joy of an audiobook read by a talented actor who brings the story alive in a special way.  

There's the gratitude I feel when someone brings me a bunch of flowrs, especially flowers fresh from their garden.  

There's the hilarity I feel when Jack means to tell me he's ravenous but instead tells me he's ravishing.  Fortunately for his blushes that was said on the phone!

There's my annual treat which I had this week, of visiting the seals who each year come ashore not too far from here and have their pups.  

At the end of each day getting into a bed made up with white, pure cotton sheets.  

14 comments:

  1. My T is for Treats too when I get there!
    I'd love to see the seals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little treats are somehow more meaningful than huge ones. Mine is that first cup of very hot coffee at about 11am, made in my mini cafetiere.....the scent is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once I realised how wonderful fresh coffee was, it was a treat I wanted every day.

      Delete
  3. It is the little things that bring a smile to our faces that are actually the biggest treats of all. Especially when one adds them up each day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waking up and seeing another bloom on the Christmas cactus. Bumping into a friend unexpectedly in town an having an unplanned coffee date together (with cake) Rediscovering a book which I thought I'd lost but had been put on the wrong shelf (and backwards!) Dark chocolate Tunnocks wafers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. And not a sugary one among all those treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some very lovely treats, mine is that first cup of tea in the morning made by my lovely hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It truly is the little things, isn’t it Mary? Mostly the things that make me smile — so necessary in todays world.

    ReplyDelete