Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 November 2023

S is for Sabbath, Sunday and the Shape of the week

I was very amused at the comments about my early rising time on my last post.  No-one would want to rise at 4am!  Neither do I but that's how it is.  I often wake much earlier than that but I don't allow myself to get up before 4am.  

But the shape of my week is something about which I make very conscious decisions.  Sunday has always been a special day for me.  Worship is central.  Sometimes I lead and preach, sometimes I am grateful for someone else's ministry.  Then it's usually home for a quiet day at home.

And before that I usually have my Sabbath.  I started this habit many years ago.  Lockdowns seemed like one long Sabbath!  My Sabbath is less structured now but it is more part of my nature.

Then Mondays I often swim, Tiesdays and Fridays it's the gym, Wednesday Annie-the-home-enhancer or Jack-the-lad may come.  There might be a Women's Institute meeting or coffee or lunch with friends.  I could shop in Brigg or just go out on my trundle truck to enjoy this lovely town.

But always I am glad to come home to the peace of my bungalow. to listen to audiobooks or to knit or just to be.  

6 comments:

  1. Just being is absolute bliss. I really need to cultivate that more often.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement comes with lots of freedoms to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I find Sunday is crucial. If I begin my week with worship and fellowship, the rest falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally. But the Sabbath on Saturday is very helpful in making the most of Sunday.

    ReplyDelete