Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 November 2023

R is for Retirement

 


I love it!

The other questions from "Q is for Questions" were about retirement and how I spend my time.

I spend my time with a smile on my face.  I get up between 4am and 5am and look at how the day is likely to unfold but, when I switch the light out at night and think back, the day has rarely gone as planned.  

I think I am very lucky to have been born in the nineteen fifties.  Childhood was a time of innocence and wonder.  The sixties were a time of change and challenge.  My whole life has been a time of scientific advancement in ways that would have been unimaginable when I was a toddler.  Opportunities for women have opened up more and more as my life has gone on.  

And now I am fourteen years into a lovely, secure retirement.  The bungalow is comfortable and safe thanks to my lovely landlord and the efforts of Annie-the-home-enhancer and Jack.  I have a car and trundle truck so can get out when I want to.  I have hobbies to enjoy while I am at home and friends to laugh with when I go out.  I still lead some worship but am choosing to do that less.  

I am able to drop everything and go out for the day or spend a few days dog sitting.  If I would prefer to be at home, the craft stash provides me with challenges and entertainment.  

And in everything I am secure in the love of God.  I am truly blessed.



6 comments:

  1. You get up very early for someone in retirement. But it must work for you. It is a nice stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement is awesome!!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you are an early riser! I doubt that I could emulate that. Margaret (NZ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always felt lucky to be a child of the 50’s. It was almost a magical time, such that I haven’t seen since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, you sound very happy and content; long may you enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I liked your thoughtful analysis. Keep writing—you have a talent for it!

    ReplyDelete