Search This Blog

22 September 2026

S is for Slippers


Slippers are one of the great privileges of retirement. My slippers are not glamorous. In fact, they are from a range of men’s slippers!  I don’t like furry slippers or slippers with fussy bits attached so footwear designed for chaps seemed to fit my purpose better. 

They take me from the kitchen to the sitting room, from the sitting room to the bedroom  and occasionally (on dry days only) outside to the bin.

Autumn makes slippers even more appealing. The mornings are cooler, the evenings arrive earlier and the floor suddenly feels much colder than it did in August.

As I said, slippers are one of the privileges of retirement.  They go with woolly jumpers, maybe a throw or two and a warm drink.  And a very smug/snug feeling.  How about you?

 

16 comments:

  1. I agree that slippers are are nice and warm. I got rid of my pair of slippers, last year, because they were worn out and I haven't replaced them. I do tend to wear knitted socks more than slippers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One great privilege of retirement is sitting in bed with a cup of tea, reading blogs that I enjoy for half an hour before breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! Does someone bring you a cup of tea?

      Delete
  3. I wear crocs and socks about the house-a lovely lilac colour that I got in a sale. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore my slippers, snug and warm, we have wooden floors so they are a must wear in the cooler moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have carpets most places: slippers must be essential on wooden floors.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful idea. I think I will go take a look see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slippers are a must here. Too much dirt comes in with our shoes so we take them off and put on out slippers. In the summer I wear flip flops in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my furry slippers on those cold on the feet days.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to poddle about barefoot in the summer and with socks on in autumn and spring. And thicker woolly socks in winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever the weather, the tootsies need to be comfortable.

      Delete