Search This Blog

Sunday 14 January 2024

Precious things

 I've been sorting some of my paperwork and that's no small task!  Some things need lengthy attention, some are very easy just to sling in the bin.  Some can be scanned and stored digitally but for some things, the paper they are written on is so precious that I will never throw them away. 

I found this little purse, green but very clumsily sewn in yellow thread, and it was in my memory box.  I remember my Mother putting a few coins for the cloakroom in it and tucking it in her bag each time she went out in evening dress.  It might not look very special to you, but it was the first present I made for Mummy after I started school.  It was only after she died that I looked inside it and there I found this little note, written on a tatty piece of paper but so dear to her that she kept it for fifty years until she died eighteen years ago.  

As I go through my possessions it's wonderful to find things like this.  It makes me so grateful for a secure, loving childhood.  And it moves me to pray and thank God for the love and kindness which I have received throughout my life.  

I hope you have many little things which move you to prayer too.




6 comments:

  1. I have a little note written by my daughters, apologising for making a mess. It is on my fridge. Whenever I go to get something out, I see it, and pray for them and their messy little children! God has blessed me with a loving family and I thank him daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many notes from my mum, later in year she would leave a gap in her note, either forgetting the word or forgetting how to spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have little notes from my children too. They are precious things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A treasure for sure and the lovely memories it brings back are without price.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so lovely, I have a note written to me by my granddaughter when she first learnt to write at school.. not correctly spelt but saying. I am in school and I miss you Grandma love Saskia, she'll be 30 this year!

    ReplyDelete