Search This Blog

Thursday 23 January 2020

Not just joy - sheer bliss!

Last week it seemed like I had one disaster after another.  Electrical failure (twice). no heating, no broadband, no landline. broken freezer, flattened fence and a bump on my head. Add to this the disruption caused water from a damaged radiator in the dining room because of water damage and  I think I did quite well to keep smiling.  

But things are looking up.  Last week I replaced the freezer.  Today the heating engineer came and discovered that all the electrical problems stem from a faulty pump so that has been replaced.  He also did the annual safety check on all the gas appliances.  My landlord has responded to my letter concerning the fence and has agreed to replace it.  The carpet in the dining room has been replaced at my insurer's expense.

And time will reduce the bruising on my face.    

Trust me, this feels like bliss.


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've turned the corner, I hope things continue to improve. Love & prayers winging your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awful lot to deal with, but you didn't crumble, you dealt with it! Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the corner has been turned, that's good.
    Have you tried Arnica on the bruises?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad things seem to be settling down! No more bumps on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are looking up. I hope the bruises go away quickly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete