Search This Blog

Friday 17 January 2020

Still swimming - but only just!

I really thought very little else could go wrong!  But somehow fate had its plans.

The freezer.  I think that a freezer is the most inconvenient appliance to die as it is totally non-negotiable.  All too often one realises that it has died only when it's too late to do anything about it.  Fortunately I realised before my food was ruined and I did a very quick transfer of stuff to the old chest freezer in the garage.  

An urgent replacement was needed so I rang a local small business from whom I've bought stuff before and I explained the problem.  The lady was very sympathetic - she didn't think they could deliver today but she'd see what could be done.  So off I drove to Market Rasen.

I saw The Boss and again explained the problem and he had a word with The Man.  I quickly chose a freezer, paid and came home.  My first call to them had been at 1.30pm and by 3.15pm the freezer was working in in my kitchen.  I call that excellent service and a letter will shortly be winging its way to The Boss.  

Another minor niggle has been that the clock fell off the wall and hit me on the head while I was sorting the freezer.  I will admit to a couple of tears as it came a bit sharp but I'm not really hurt.  And part of the fence has blown over.  

I am becoming a somewhat jaded swan but I endeavour to keep swimming serenely.

8 comments:

  1. Surely there cant be anything else left to go wrong?
    What amazing service you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you noticed the freezer was out before you lost everything! Keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful service, and I am so glad that you managed to save all that was in the old one.

    Keep on keeping your head above the water.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good service I would say and I am so sorry about the clock bonking you in the head.. Just keep swimming, Dory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What quick replacement for your freezer, how helpful that was. Oh ouch about the clock hitting you on the head! I hope 2020 becomes a more peaceful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've had so much happening that's not good, but wow aren't you coping with it all really well. Don't you find it so irritating that things work one day and then without reason it goes phut! Keep going you're doing amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems you've gotten all of the trouble for 2020 out of the way already. That surely has paved the way for a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is what I call service, wonderful. Hope your head is OK and not too sore.

    ReplyDelete