Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 January 2020

January

I went to church on Christmas Day and I went to church on Sunday but apart from that I haven't left the house.  I have a truly disgusting cold.  I don't get many colds these days - it's nearly two years since I had one - but when they come they certainly make themselves at home.

This is not a good start to 2020.  I don't feel like doing the usual looking-back-and-looking-forward post for 1st January. However, I want to wish you, Dear Reader, a happy 2020 and I want to resolve that this will be a good year for me too.

So it's back to a very old theme for me this month.  For me (as for many other people) January and February can be very "bleugh".  Christmas is over, the summer seems a long way away, we get colds and flu and life doesn't seem very rosy.  So I want to use this blog as a prompt to make me look for life's little pleasures, the little joys which can too easily go unremarked.

And today's pleasure was a phone call from a friend to make sure I was OK and then her visit to the shops to fetch me something to alleviate my cold symptoms and to get the bananas which I was craving.  And what's more she even brought me some flowers.  Life is looking up!

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are starting the new year out under the weather! That is no good! Praying you are back to your spunky self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Thank heavens for friends.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been unwell. Hope 2020 proves to be a better year for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being sick is no fun. Fortunately we have both evaded the cold bugs despite the visits from family from out of state bringing their germs with them. Hope you're better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you are soon better

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will join you on the quest for looking for lifes little pleasures. Today I found your advent calendar which was sent to me when I felt so low, thank you so much. The 7th was a a particular delight designing the tartan it really made me smile. Hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts...Happy New Year....get well soon. Maybe some Elderberry syrup to help with your cold. It won't stop illnesses from happening but it does shorten the duration of the illness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, not the best way to start a year. Hope that cold is soon gone and you feel very much better

    ReplyDelete