Search This Blog

Friday 17 January 2020

This swan is still swimming

When I wrote the last post I thought not much more could go wrong.  Wrong.

On Wednesday once again most of the electrical sockets weren't functioning, the heating wouldn't work, the landline had failed and I had no broadband. Not bad, eh?

A call to the landlord's maintenance service resulted in two amazing electricians.  I say amazing as I found it hard to take my eyes off their tattoos! But they were so polite and considerate and I thought they were wonderful,  Whatever the fault is with the electrics they can't find it either.  However they have their suspicions about the heating boiler so next week someone is coming to sort that.  I hope the electrics survive until then. 

I shall continue my swan-like act.


4 comments:

  1. Oh No. I hope you have a way to keep warm without your boiler and it's all fixed very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've left the boiler working for now. However, they've also left me an electric heater, just in case!

      Delete
  2. I sure hope they discover what is wrong with the electrics very soon.

    You keep right on swimming, you are doing wonderfully.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry you are having all these problems, hope it gets sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete