Search This Blog

Saturday 1 December 2018

December!

December!  No contest over the most important thing about December in this household - as in many others.  Christmas!

I've done quite a lot of my preparation already, in fact although I'm not quite as well organised as I would have been if I were still working regularly, I think this will be my best prepared Christmas since I retired.

My sermons are written in outline, the cards will be in the post by Monday (today if the weather is good enough for me to get to the postbox), most presents are bought or nearly made, I've got coffee or lunch dates arranged with most of my friends, and I'm hoping to enjoy this month at least as much as I enjoyed November.


And today I have set up by very special Advent calendar.  I've had it for many years (and it's been on my blogs several times) but each year I enjoy it anew.  There are twenty four doors (the remaining twelve are on the other side) and behind each is a precious nativity figure: precious because they are well-used and joyfully anticipated, not because of intrinsic value.  Today I found a star which I have fixed to the front of the stable.

May you too have a joyful and blessed Advent.

10 comments:

  1. I like your advent calendar and will be interested to see what each day's figure is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure beats a supermarket chocolate one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate may appear here at Frugal Follies but not in my Advent Calendar!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very fond of it - I've never seen one I like better.

      Delete
  4. That is beautiful and beats most modern ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are still available (Lakeland.co.uk) but rather expensive. I think I've had my value out of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sorely tempted to search through your back posts to see how it will look, but that would have spoiled the fun of my anticipation - like taking a peek at a Christmas gift - and that wouldn't do at all. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will appear agin (maybe several times!) before Christmas.

      Delete