Search This Blog

Monday 3 December 2018

A Very Old Fashioned Present

Not long ago a friend mentioned that she wished she could buy some old fashioned padded hangers.  Years ago everyone had them in their wardrobes.  They protect clothes from getting hanger marks and the clothes don't seem to slip off so easily.


Well I don't need to have that sort of hint dropped more than once so I've been a busy girl.  I'd got some fleece trimmings and the scrap fabric after making a skirt so I bought some plain beech hangers (surprisingly hard to find these days) and combined the three.  They looked a bit plain so I dived into the stash again and found some pink gingham and I bought some broderie anglaise trim and made lavender bags.  Et voila!


In other news I have been opening the doors on my  Advent stable.  Yesterday I found a sheep.  Today revealed a very cosy fire.  Better keep the two apart.

12 comments:

  1. I love padded hangers, so much nicer for clothes. Yours look super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased with them - and they smell nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift, made with love.
    My last post was on the Island, we don't leave for the Mainland until 14th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your island must have more shops than I had thought!

      Delete
  4. A very thoughtful gift, Mary. I still have a rather tatty one that belonged to my mother. Don't re,ember a fire in the stable but a good idea on a miserable day like this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bible doesn't even mention a stable so the fire is just another trimming! I think whoever designed the set had trouble in thinking of twenty four things to put in it.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful padded hangers - very nice, Mary. You're enjoying your Advent calendar all over again, aren't you? I'm loving the warm fire - just what was needed in that stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much joy the stable brings each year.

      Delete
  6. I'm always finding clothes in the bottom of the wardrobe after they've slid off the hanger, so some padded hangers would be very useful. They look really good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the hangers! And yes, the advent calendar and the fire have no business meeting up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I volunteer in an upcylcing project as a sewing tutor and these hangers are a very popular make as are the laveneder bags. I will now put the two together after seeing your lovely makes. My DH made me a nativity a few years ago from maple wood and I enjoy taking it out and setting it up in our alcove shelves where the lights shiw it off so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete