Search This Blog

Monday 31 December 2018

So that was 2018

Pretty good year!  Actually it's a long time since I saw a year which wasn't pretty good but I like to keep counting my blessings.

I started the year by getting a new-to-me car and have been using it to get out as much as I can.  I enjoy regular meets with lots of friends and some of my cousins for lunch or just for coffee .  A meal of soup and bread (or maybe coffee and a toasted teacake) when eaten with a good friend, is always a feast.  

I'be been busier conducting worship than I have been any year since I retired in 2010.  It's unlikely that I will be as busy in 2019 but I've enjoyed the opportunity while it has lasted.  I conducted my first wedding for several years as well as funerals and baptisms and I've been preaching most Sundays.  During the year I've taken services in eighteen different churches.

I've had two short breaks, one in North Yorkshire and one in Wales and I've had lots of days out including time at at Normanby, Elsham and Donna Nook.

I've been cared for by Annie-the Home-Enhancer and Pete-the gardener/handyman as well as by lots of people who help me with various jobs when disability means I need assistance.  

I've knitted, crocheted, sewn, made cards.  I've upcycled and repaired.

And in all this I have known real joy, something much deeper than mere happiness.  I've said it before and I say it now: I am of all women, most richly blessed.

Happy 2019

18 comments:

  1. How good to read a positive blog entry, so many people seem so unhappy these days. I wish you a Happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a pretty good year to me. Wishing you more of the same in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good year - and have a great 2019 yourself!

      Delete
  3. Golden threads of joy really do shine through this lovely post; I wish you more for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Keep up the supplies of roast fox in 2019.

      Delete
  4. I don't often comment but I too always enjoy how positive your posts are and how you find joy in even the small things in day to day life. Thank you for your posts and all the best in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have had an awesome year! You are an inspiration! Happy New Year sweet Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My resolution for 2018 was "Be more awesome than last year". Here's to 2019!

      Delete
  6. Those are lots of blessings to be grateful for. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, of all women, most richly blessed. May you have a joyful 2019.

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year to you. I particulary enjoyed your Nativity travelogue. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoyed writing the travelogue - so pleased you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  8. I am so glad that you had such a blessed year; I wish you more of the same for 2019, Mary. I also hope that 2019 might include another trip down to Cornwall so that we can find a proper 'dog-friendly' cafe where we can enjoy a coffee, cake and catch-up. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be getting to Cornwall in 2019 - it's the length of the drive which is a bit of a killer,I'm afraid. However, keep posting and I'll enjoy your lovely county (and your wonderful dog) through you,

      Delete
  9. That's wonderful you have had such a blessed year!

    ReplyDelete