Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Advent Calendars


I don't remember Advent calendars being around when I was a little girl and I feel that I was deprived.  However, I make up for it now.  


I have my lovely stable with its tiny figures.  Today a shepherd has turned up to keep that solitary sheep in order.  I don't think he will be overworked but I hope that the sight of one sheep and a large fire doesn't fill his mind with thoughts of barbecues.  

There is an on-line Advent calendar which I check in to every year.  It's The Norad Santa Tracker.  Click on the link and it will take you there.  Norad  (The North American Aerospace Defense Command) exists mainly to provide aerospace monitoring of aircraft, missiles and space vehicles so tracking Santa is well within its remit.  Santa's mission is, of course, considered not to be hostile and Norad will offer any necessary assistance should he find himself in difficulties.  They have been tracking Santa every year since 1955 so their archive of information is extensive.  By Christmas Eve the team will be on full alert and minute by minute reporting of Santa's journey will be available.  In the meantime games, music, movies etc are available.  Do visit!

8 comments:

  1. We always enjoy the Norad adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is - but you know how much I enjoy on-line advent calendars.

      Delete
  3. I have just received a text to say that the baby has just arrived - we don't even know which variety yet! I must remember to use the Norad link this year, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know - but still in my prayers.

      Delete
  4. Love this Advent stable. Do you know who sells them?

    ReplyDelete