Search This Blog

30 September 2026

Z is for Zoe

 

A lovely little Greek word meaning life, vitality, being alive.

Autumn can look as though everything is packing up. Leaves are dropping, flowers are fading animals are beginning to think about hibernating but underneath all that, life is still going on.

Bulbs are quietly getting on with things underground. Seeds are waiting. Squirrels are hiding things and then immediately forgetting where they put them.

There is life in a mug of whatever takes your fancy, a warm jumper and a good book.

Autumn reminds us that life doesn't always have to be spectacular.  Autumn is itself.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this alphabet of autumn.  I wanted to focus on "now" just as my hibernaculum helped me focus on seeing all the wonderful things about winter.  I’ve enjoyed writing it and thinking of words to include.  I knew it would be challenging so the whole alphabet was planned before I started although some choices were  changed as new ideas occured to me.  It’s my fourth alphabet series and I think I’m getting the hang of them.  There might be a winter one sometime. 

5 comments:

  1. What a good find for Z.
    I've really enjoyed your Autumn Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a lovely alphabet. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun, I learnt a few new words. Thank you

    ReplyDelete