Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Wrapping up February

Well it wasn't dull.  

I had a couple of days away.  I realised a few years ago that a treat in February was A Good Idea.  January and February can seem interminable but something to look forward makes life a little more interesting.  This wasn't one of my better breaks (I'm not even going to write about it) but it was a break and it served its purpose.

I saw off a ghost!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I had a message from a cousin whom I hadn't heard from for twelve years.  Each year I send Christmas cards to all twelve of my surviving cousins on my Father's side of my family and each year I get cards from six of them.  Each year I invite all twelve to a picnic and only four come.  S never sends a card or greetings but in February she contacted me out of the blue.  I feel very happy about that.  

I had days out, meals with friends and lots of relaxation.

And I went to Mandy's to make cards.  Enjoy.



5 comments:

  1. Sometimes the humblest of breaks is enough. I miss no built in breaks this winter. Last year we travelled four times between January and early March for Show Choir, the year before three times. this year, not even a night away. I should have done a stay cation and took a night or two away at my daughters while she was gone and called it a break! Your cards are lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A break in February is good despite it being a short month. We took one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your break wasnt too special. But how nice to receive a contact from your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry the break wasn't as you hoped but great news to hear fro your cousin. Great cards as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How faithful you are to send cards each year to your many cousins, to set up a picnic and then to have S contact you was a happy surprise. How good you had a February break.

    ReplyDelete