Search This Blog

Sunday 11 August 2024

T is for Technology

 

“One day there will be a telephone in every major city in America.”



 I love that quote from Alexander Graham Bell.  He was such a brilliant man, so forward thinking, and yet even he could not foresee the future.

 Every generation has seen technology move on a little bit more.  My grandmother regarded telephones with suspicion (although she gradually saw some of their advantages), and my mother refused to have anything to do with computers.  So far I’m OK with most “new technology” although the time may come . . .

On Friday I had cataract surgery.  My eyes had been digitally scanned to check the size of the cataract and the size of the lens so that the first could be removed and the second replaced as accurately as possible.  Information about me had been sent digitally so that other health issues could be considered (e.g., the medications I take regularly).  I received a digital print out regarding aftercare. My next-of-kin's mobile number was readily available in the unlikely case of difficulties.

Yes, I know some  technology is intrusive and annoying, and that the human touch is mich more important, but for the most part I would say T is for both Technology and Thankfulness. 


PS.  Thank you for all the kind comments on my last post.  I am fine and tmy eyesight continues to improve.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Your gnashers, my peepers. We both have reason to be grateful for modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some tech is awesome, social media in some cases is the pits and sends out false info quite regularly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete