Search This Blog

Sunday 23 January 2022

Joyful January.

 January is usually not a good time.  It's a blue month: not the lovely blue of summer skies but the dull, sapping blue of depression.  

Not so January 2022!  I told you my concerns about the month in this post and two lovely friends decided that they would do their bit and they have sent me cards.  How kind is that!!

And kindness begets kindness.  I'm not going to try and "pay back" the kindness of the two bloggers who sent these cards.  Instead I have set pen to paper and written letters to two housebound people.  I hope that knowing that I have paid forward instead brings joy to the senders.

And on the same subject, if you would like to be part of a chain of kindness, have a look at "Kindness by Post".  Registration will be open soon for the February letter chain.  (Sorry, I think it may be UK only but why not look if there is something similar on your country.)


(I have been an absentee blogger for several days as my laptop died and although I can comment on other people's blogs using my iPad I don't feel able to post pieces on my own blog.  I now have a new laptop.  Hurrah!)




6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Too bad there is nothing like that here. Your card looks very pretty, and I know what you send will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing kindness on is wonderful.

    I am glad that you now have a new laptop and feel more comfortable blogging.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good about the laptop. I like the kindness idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the laptop and glad to know you were able to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kindness project sounds as if it is something badly needed for our world right now. Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete