Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 February 2022

The Japanese apron

I decided I wanted a joyful month and that was what I got!  I didn't do half the things in my "list of pleasurable things to do" but I still had a happy month.  Thank you for the good wishes I received.  I don't know how much scientific evidence there is for light therapy devices but the two years I have had mine I have had great Januarys.  Could be coincidence but whatever it is, I'll take it!

I did quite a bit of crafting, including making this Japanese apron but I've only got a photo of the back!  I was given a length of very serviceable furnishing fabric so I preshrunk it and found the scraps from making a skirt and I'm rather pleased with the result,  Japanese aprons are dropped over the head, they wrap all around, have no straps and they cover nearly everything.

6 comments:

  1. I have a crossback apron too (slightly different design) It's so easy to slip on, and doesn't come undone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your apron. I made a couple of these aprons last year, so comfortable and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very useful. I don't wear aprons (just get messy!) but I can see this is very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wear an apron on the rare days im wearing something decent simply because i will always wipe my hands across my hips...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love that crossed back. I made each of my 5 grandgirls one of those for Christmas. Now I have to get mine made. 😁

    ReplyDelete