Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 September 2020

A Bit of a Treat

 

 

This could be a long, lonely winter so I need to take good care of myself.  I can't visit friends but I can visit places.  On Monday I visited Gunby Hall Gardens.

 The NT is trying to make open spaces available and safe so at the moment one has to prebook to visit their properties.  I went to Clumber Park a couple of months ago and Gunby is the other place within reasonable distance.  Gunby is a lovely place less than an hour's drive away.


I had a pootle around the gardens on my trundle truck.  Truth to tell they would have been even lovelier a few weeks ago but they are still pretty good.   


Much of the work is done by volunteer gardeners although the NT has professional staff as well. 


There's a one way system and many areas are completely roped off.  Wouldn't it be delightful to sit in this little shelter and enjoy the garden!


I enjoyed my day but I think I shall leave my next visit for covid free times.  People are very kind and no-one tried to make me feel uncomfortable on my scooter when I was in the way but I found it hard to relax.  I'd hoped to sit and people-watch but there were very few benches.  


I've got an idea of somewhere to visit next month which has very wide, open spaces.  



12 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful park.
    By the way forgot to tell you got your letter and the surprise one from Jack. Must get busy writing you one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might enjoy the little surprise from Jack. I can assure you, you are very honoured!

      Delete
  2. I' glad you can get out somewhere. Will you have visitors to your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having visitors in my garden but that won't happen much soon! It's very hot today but by the end of the month it will be a bit nippy.

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you managed a bit of a trip away. The garden looks lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely and I shall certainly go back when restrictions are no longer in place.

      Delete
  4. So close to my old house. Glad you were able to get out for a short while, the gardens look beautiful even at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought of you and I thought of Elaine who also lives near and who reads my blog.

      Delete
  5. How good you had a get away to some pretty gardens, a change of scene is a big mood boost in these somewhat solitary days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good boost. I'm already planning a trip for next month as well.

      Delete
  6. Rufford Abbey just up the road from Clumber is another nice ride about on a buggy , its council owned so i have no idea what the current opening situation is

    ReplyDelete