Search This Blog

Saturday 31 July 2021

That was July, what about August?

 I've been doing my report about me and to me for July so now you get the edited highlights.  Sorry about that. 

The month seems to have been dominated by the saga of the shower. although I haven't blogged much about it.  I am waiting for an assessment by an Occupational Therapist before my landlord will install a wet room but OT has quite a backlog so it could be a Very Long Wait.  I had a shower which was a little unpredictable(!) but I was prepared to tolerate it until I could get the bathroom sorted completely,  However, on 3rd July I didn't have a shower, I had a dramatic waterfall which was flooding the bathroom so I turned off the water completely and reported the problem.  My landlord had a plumber here within an hour,   The faulty shower was removed and the water supply turned on again.  For the next couple of weeks I visited friends a couple of times a week for a good shower and between times "made do".  Anyway, a shower has now been fitted but I still await the OT assessment.

The garden has been lovely this month especially as I have been getting spring onions, potatoes, lettuce and tomatoes.  I am especially pleased with the potatoes which taste delicious.  What's even better is that the spuds Jack has been growing at home have been rubbish so I have been able to give him some of mine.  One up to me.

I've ventured out a little more than I have for over a year.  I went to a local cafĂ© but ate outside.  I've seen my spiritual counsellor for the first time in eighteen months.  I've visited a friend in a residential home.

I've been decluttering.   Big Time.  The biggest thing to go was a freezer but my felting machine and loads of clothes and household items have also gone.  The departing clothes are particularly exciting as I have lost weight!  Yay!

And between all that excitement I've done sewing for a friend, I've got started on my Christmas cards and I've been preparing photobooks for printing.

I don't know yet what August will bring.  Card making, sewing, a few days out - they're all possibilities.  Bring it on!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss and the declutterings! I need to declutter some clothes because I HAVEN’T lost weight. It seems like August here is going to be a return of Covid and all of us trying to sort out how to deal with it what with schoool starting and all. I am really tired of it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Numbers are going down here but there seems uncertainty as to why and as to whether it will last. Here's hoping.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your achievements. I can understand your delight in being able to supply veges to Jack! I feel the same with my generous neighbour who has a garden to rival Mr MacGregors (no Peter Rabbit though) but he doesn't have a lemon tree and mine is prolific so he is supplied as well as I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of the lemons! Homemade lemonade is so good. It's nice to swap, isn't it.

      Delete