Search This Blog

Thursday 1 July 2021

That was June!

 I keep hearing about extreme hot weather in various parts of the world but Lincolnshire has missed out on the heat - I had the heating on for a brief period this morning as I was so uncomfortable.  

But June has been quite a good month.  We had our annual family picnic at Clumber Part.  Four more people had planned to come but chickened out because the weather forecast was foul.   As it happened the five of us and Zola the dog didn't see any rain.  

My weight loss has continued at about a pound a week so I am happy about that.  I haven't tried to walk much as I await surgery but as yet I don't know when that will be.  

I've been very busy decluttering and have disposed (by various means) of six hundred items since March so the house is losing weight as well!  

The garden is flourishing thanks to You Know Who.  At the moment I'm harvesting just spring onions and salad leaves but soon there will be more.  Yum!!

I've been venturing out a little more and have visited friends as well as going to a few shops.  I had the privilege of taking the funeral of an old schoolfriend's mum.  This lady was wonderful and she used to hide us in her house when we bunked off cross country running all those years ago.    What's more she lived next to the headmistress!  The funeral was my  thank you after all these years.  

I also helped a couple re-affirm their vows after twenty years of marriage.  And at the same time I blessed their baby granddaughter who has a great grandad you may have heard of - Jack!  



9 comments:

  1. happy for you that you still got your outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you got your outing.

    And losing a pound a week is awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you had your family get together despite the chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're a determined bunch - or at least the five who came are!

      Delete
  4. The heat wave has missed us to, like you we are putting on the heating now and again. So glad you were able to get out and meet up with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels horrid to switch the heating on in June but it felt oh so necessary some days.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on both the weight loss and the decluttering, neither of which are easy at the best of times but when you are in pain and your mobility is impaired it's even more difficult so a great achievement. I'm glad your family was able to gather together and hope you'll be able to see the rest of them soon. x

    ReplyDelete