Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 July 2021

This and that

Millie
When I mentioned Christmas preparations in my last post it seemed to send shivers down a few spines!   It really is a case of old habits dying hard.  When I was working I always had presents bought and wrapped and cards written by the end of October so I could use November to do my "professional" preparations and leave December for panicking.  Christmas is lovely but it is hard work for vicars and, quite apart from the services and parish visiting before Christmas, it also fell to me to cook Christmas lunch for quite a few family and friends.  Anyway, so far I have been thinking about the design for my card and have done a few experiments.  Next Monday I hope I will get much of the card making done as I've booked a crafting session with a friend.  

Now to Jack's dog, Millie.  Here she is 

And Jack has a new hat.

And thank you, Rambler, for threatening to tell me if Jack uproots my poppies.  He's never met you but you've got him scared and even though he was weeding in their vicinity yesterday, he's left my beautiful papaver.  He's just a pussycat really.   






9 comments:

  1. This afternoon I needed a distraction to take my thoughts away from a pressing, distressing, issue - and I have taught myself to make 5-pointed Christmas stars [from magazine pages] using an online tutorial. My mind is calmer, and focusing on the importance of the Incarnation as I cut and folded has helped a lot. They will go in a box in the loft in the "Christmas corner" I have not given much thought to my cards [yet] but I know I will make them using entirely recycled materials. It will be a very different Christmas for us this year- the first since retirement. I do like Jack's hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had previously been wearing a hat I bought for the Football World Cup 2008! I felt it was time for a new jobbie.

      It's great to have time to think while making Christmas things - it's one of the joys of retirement. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Sweet little dog, I'm sure she is a good friend for Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's brilliant. He knows he has to be "on the ball" for her and she's a super companion from him. Sometime I'll write about what he gives her for breakfast, though. It's highly original.

      Delete
  3. Will you be able to show us your cards or are they top secret until they have been posted out? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably show you how I have developed my idea. I make about a hundred all the same.

      Delete
  4. Your comment about me scaring Jack had me tittering - nice to know I still have the ability to put the frighteners on a feller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent hat for Jack, and Millie is a cutie. I think she would like my boy dog, Bounce. I admire your organization, born of necessity for a vicar, in making 100 Christmas cards in advance.

    ReplyDelete