Search This Blog

Thursday 1 July 2021

I didn't write this

 Jack did.

Today Jack brought Sweet Williams

Hi everyone

Hope you're all keeping well and staying clear of the covid bug.

Firstly today I must say well done to my vicar friend on her weight loss.  I'm sure she'll feel better for it in body and mind.

Well, that's enough of the niceties.  She'll think I'm going soft and she takes enough liberties already.  Her main topic is my slightly receding hair line.  Just lately she's been telling me about Zooming with another lady vicar whom I've met on occasions.  Her church is on the highest point of this beautiful county.  The only sort of zooming I know about is when she met me at a garden centre with her trundle truck.  She did plenty of zooming around that day.  Those things go at 8mph and I was expected to keep up with her with my hands full of plants and a bag of compost on my shoulder.  

We still ring each other every morning and I'm sure she looks forward to our chats as much as I do.  I take Millie, my little shih tzu with me when I go to the garden at her house.  My Millie makes herself at home and sits on the vicar's knee even when she's trying to use her computer.  At lunch time anything which gets dropped is soon hoovered up by Millie.  On my last visit she gave Millie some beef then had the audacity to say I spoil my dog.  Also on my last visit my friend was in constant pain with her knee.  I sincerely hope she has her knee replacement operation soon.  (Oh, there I go being nice again)

I now seem to be her personal shopper.  The last time I went I fetched her a coffee machine and I  told her a big fib about how I got it.

I'm so glad for one lady I bring joy to - I remind her of her dad as we both have the same name.  It gives me joy to know I bring happiness to people all over the world by something I've done or said.  I like to leave people smiling wherever I go and that includes you, Vicar.  I know we don't agree on everything: it wouldn't do for everyone to be the same but you've tried to keep me on the straight and narrow as best you can.  So thank you for trying and keep up the good work.

I hope the vicar enjoys the poppies in my part of the garden.  Don't let on to her, you bloggers, but I'm pulling them up next time I go.

And roses, of course
As you may know she's given me a new title: Horticultural Enhancer.  She's up to something but I'm not quite sure what it is yet.  Her best talent is making lists.  


Well, I've given you a little insight into the vicar's life but one thing is for sure, she's got a heart of gold.  I hate to say it but I would miss our banter.

This post is the kindest I've written about her and it won't happen again.  But once again a big thank you for all you've done for my family, Vicar.

I hope she puts all this on her blog and that she doesn't take advantage of me because of what I've written.  If I am allowed I will write again in July.

Love your neighbour, take care of one another, God bless, and keep smiling

Jack

12 comments:

  1. Oh Jack you are funny and such a good friend to the Vicar. I wish I had a Jack in my life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! He's already got invitations to Canada and Scotland!

      Delete
  2. You are such a delight, I love the banter you have with Mary. I am sure it brings her as much joy as it does to you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hear the banter which doesn't get onto the blog!

      Delete
  3. Please, please, please don't uproot those lovely poppies; they aren't spoiling the rest of the garden, like they would in a crop. If you do, I SHALL TELL HER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gardening skils are wonderful, Jack. Millies oudn slike a bit of a dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such nice words from Jack!

    ReplyDelete