Search This Blog

Saturday 3 July 2021

Into July

 


One thing I forgot to comment on in my last post was blogging itself.  Back in May I decided to give myself a kick up the proverbial and I resolved to do twenty posts before the end of June.  Well, I managed seventeen.  Not Bad but Could Do Better.

My July hopes are directed towards crafting and making things.  I've usually got my Christmas cards made by the end of July so that has to be a priority.  I've got a day booked to make cards in company with my cousin and I'm looking forward to that.  

I also want to make a few Christmas presents and to build up a small stash of gifts for when I need a quick "Thank You" or "Happy Birthday" or whatever.  I've been sorting the room where I sew so now I want to enjoy the fruits of my labours.  There is still, however, more sorting to be done.  

A few days out would be great.  I want to get out before the school summer holidays.  Children are great but they can't cope with the idea that while they stand staring at my trundle truck I can't move!  It may be that I will be called for surgery before long so if I'm having days out they need to be soon.

I've got a session booked with my spiritual counsellor.  I haven't seen him since before the pandemic and I have much to reflect on.  These last sixteen months have been "gift time".  However, covid infection rates are rising again and, although I have been fully vaccinated, I still feel very vulnerable so I may face further seclusion which I want to use well.  

And maybe I can keep up the blogging momentum!


4 comments:

  1. Christmas cards? I can't even think of them. Time is flying by. Where did May and June get to? I must create a card for granddaughter who turns 4 this month. I did manage the birthday shopping for her and gifts to be delivered next week, well in time for the birthday. We will have to celebrate from afar and then after the fact once we all gather at a vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to get birthday cards done... Hopefully very soon.

    I agree with the Indian variant things could be getting dicey here as well. And now that we are opening up more, well it is scary.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized to even think of creating Christmas cards now, I love it. Christmas in July. I am going to church in person tomorrow and also for the first time in over a year, after church we are having in person Bible study and potluck lunch again, taking precautions of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas already! Actually, I think that's sensible. I always think that I'll make them in November but there's never time then. I think that outings, crafting, blogging and spiritual reflection mean that your July is going to be quite full. x

    ReplyDelete