Search This Blog

Thursday 29 November 2018

None-Better November

I hope your November has been as happy as mine!  I said at the beginning of the month that November isn't one of my favourite months but I'm pleased to say, it has been a really good thirty days.  (Yes, I know I've only had twenty nine but tomorrow is planned and that will be wonderful too!  See you, Mandy.)


Annie-The-Home-Enhancer is one of the main reasons.  I hadn't realised that the tatty state of my home was getting me down but now I'm no longer thinking about doing boring things like cleaning (or rather how to avoid cleaning) I feel free to do lovely things instead.  I've knitted and sewn. I've been out and done things. I've cooked tasty food.  And I've enjoyed my home.  Employing Annie for three hours once a fortnight has meant a little financial juggling but it's worth it.  To be fair to me some jobs which she is doing are things which I can't do because of disability (move furniture, clean high windows, wipe out high cupboards) but she's also doing things which I'm just not very good at.




I'm going to show you some of my crafty type projects during December but for now here are the new tubs of cyclamen near the front door.  They'll bloom more than this eventually!  It's so lovely to go out and come in and to welcome visitors when there are flowers to brighten the entrance. 


As for Nimbler November my average daily step count has been has been its highest for eighteen month.  A bit more spring in my step too.  I'e had a few problems with my Trundle Truck but those are now resolved so I am out and about again. 

I've almost finished my card and letter writing for Christmas and I will be able to post everything on Saturday or Monday.  I may even get a couple of presents into the post by Monday but that's less certain. 

I haven't done much Sunday work (apart from Remembrance Day) but I've been busy with funerals and I baptised a gorgeous little girl who giggled at me through the service (and made me giggle too).  I've never had that happen before!

I've had days out, coffee with friends, lunch and dinner meet-ups.  My friendships are very important but I have to say the most important day was the one where I got the all clear in breast cancer.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful month. What a difference Annie seems to have made, making life a little easier. I can't begin to imagine what you must have gone through waiting for results. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie has been today and my world is once again wonderful!

      Delete
  2. I have an 'Annie' too and my life is enhanced by her. Just 2 hours a week gives me time to do a bit of shopping or gardening, or just do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've enjoyed a wonderful month, especially the last part. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like your month went really well! November isn't my favorite month either but it has been ok for me as well. Good medical reports are always uplifting and a blessing! I could certainly use a home enhancer myself, though, although my husband would say that I am the home enhancer. Silly man. I hope your December is just as good as your November was and aren't giggly girls a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a happy post, Mary - and you saved the best bit until last. Absolutely wonderful.
    I love the Cyclamen planter at your front door; it reminds me to shift the small trough of minature Cyclamen I have been nurturing after finding the poor things hidden under a huge overgrown, prickly shrub in the back garden. I gave it a drastic pruning and found these little plants almost choked with grass and weeds. After resting in the cold frame and receiving TLC from yours truly, they are now showing colour and are fit to take their place 'out front'.
    I trust you are staying in while these wild and windy days are with us and that December will be another good month for you. Love - Rosemary (and BenjiDog).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful to have nurtured something for months and it repays you so generously. Love to you and BenjiDog. Hope he liked turkey (and gets some).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pleased to say that Benji will be able to have one or two treats this Christmas, as he's done so well with getting down to a sensible weight. David tells me that we will be having turkey; he's ordered it and we can collect it on the way back from our holiday in Crantock on 22bd December. I just hope he remembered that my cooker is a smallish one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your November turned out better than you thought it would. It's been a good one here too. Must start on addressing Christmas cards very soon. Have the decorations up but need some flourishes (berries and pine boughs, fake ones) to liven it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home tradition was not to put up decorations until about 20-23 December but these days I need help so they have to go up earlier, more like 10-14 December this year.

      Delete
  10. This post is a joy, you sound very upbeat, and that is wonderful. Great news on the all-clear!

    ReplyDelete