Search This Blog

Thursday 22 November 2018

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to any American readers who have popped in.  Have a lovely day.


We don't have anything like Thanksgiving here but I have a notebook/journal of Thankful Thoughts for an Attitude of Gratitude which I keep by my bedside.  I try and put three ideas in each night.  It can be something really small, like having made a tasty soup.  Sometimes it's about big things like having cousins who care enough to check that I am OK.  Sometimes it's finding the positive side of something not so good, like having big windows and good central heating for looking outside on a really cold day.

Today I am thankful for

- the friends I make through this blog, especially those who live in USA and who will be celebrating Thanksgiving today.  I'd never thought about Thanksgiving until I found Blogland but I'm so glad you have told me about it.  It sounds a lovely custom.

- the bloggy friends I have met in real life.

and YOU, the person reading this blog (especially if you are a commenter!).  Thank you

7 comments:

  1. Love your turkey! Glad to have found you on bogland too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to have met you through this blog and like you wish all our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Attitude for Gratitude journal idea. We try to remember all that we are grateful for on a daily basis but it's always nice to rekindle some of those memories on Thanksgiving and despite days that have more downs than ups, there is still so much to be grateful for. Enjoy your blog. Have a nice day. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary, this is such a sweet post! And I am thankful for you as well! Your friendship is something I truly cherish. I love your gratitude journal and I think it is something I would like to adopt -- starting today. Thank you for thinking of us across the pond -- it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Thanksgiving in Canada, though ours is in October more or less after the harvest is done. While I don't often comment I visit every day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for you!
    Having been by blogger in months but this is such a wonderful post written by such a wonderful woman. Thanksgiving abounds!

    ReplyDelete