Search This Blog

Sunday 30 June 2024

Hare today, done tomorrow.

 "Hare-Brained Hare"

   

I love the Lincolnshire Wolds!  We are not a very popular tourist spot but many of our villages are lovely.  

When I go out in to the Wolds, I think myself very lucky if I see a hare. They are not prolific breeders like rabbits.  A farmer once told me that a healthy hare population is a sign of good husbandry.  They don't like land which has been over treated with pesticides or fertilisers.

I think a good life is a bit like a hare. I don't mean I am ever tempted to try out agricultural chemicals on myself, but I don't want to beat myself up with the pesticide of driving myself too hard, nor yet over-apply the fertiliser of  self-indulgence.

So, what has this hare done in June?

One of our regular clergy has been ill and a volunteer minister (who normally does a lot) has gone on holiday so I have been in action every Sunday as well as taking a funeral.  I also run a weekly worship time on zoom.  

A friend has been here for lunch and sampled several culinary experiments.  She was VERY polite about them!

I've had several medical appointments and established that although I am in fine fettle I may need cataract surgery before long.  And I've started to work out a suitable daily exercise plan to keep myself in said fettle!

I've had three meals with three different friends whom I haven't seen in ages.  I also went to a very sumptuous bring-and-share afternoon tea when we had a talk by a food writer.  That was wonderful!  Church ladies do rather good afternoon teas.

Jack has been working his magic so it would have been very ungrateful not to get out in my garden as much as I can.

PS  The Hare-Brained Hare is a Wrendale design by Hannah Dale who lives not far from me.  https://www.wrendaledesigns.co.uk/

11 comments:

  1. Afternoon teas are lovely, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes church ladies do very good meals|!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hare - we have several of the Wrendale designs items, tins, wall hangings, glasses cases etc, and just love the way that she captures the spirit of her subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a very lovely June. That hare is so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited to see a hare running across a field during my recent trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that was me, Margaret from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had guessed! Hope you are recovering from your journey OK. You seem to have had a fantastic time.

      Delete