Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 June 2024

A Lidl Bit of Loveliness!

 This was today's haul.
 Lidl is my favourite supermarket.  Our local one has wide aisles that I can trundle down on my (mobility) scooter, loads of very convenient parking, and lovely staff.  And what's more - it's cheap!

Whenever I go I look to see if there are any "Waste Not" vegetable boxes.  If there are, that's what I buy first then I take it to my car, check what there is in it, and amend my shopping list accordingly. 

Here are the sorted contents
That's 1250g potatoes

116g mini peppers (4)

345g peppers (2)

18g chilli peppers (2)

143g pears (1)

240g satsumas (3)

806g apples (9)

195g lemons (2)

120g shallots (4)

250g apricots (8)

I costed that lot at about £7.50 in Tesco, the only other supermarket in the middle of Brigg so I reckon I got pretty good value.

Some will go into the fridge for use over the next week, some will be frozen and some will be given away.  I hadn't planned on buying apricots but I can feel apricot and mango ice cream coming on!

5 comments:

  1. You have to get to Lidl really early to bag a good box I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never managed to get one of these boxes-need to go earlier I think. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was a very good deal for all those veggies. Good for you in nabbing one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete