Search This Blog

Sunday 23 June 2024

This has Jack's seal of approval

Annie asked me for the recipe for savoury ducks and I am really sorry, Annie, I can't find your email. 

Anyway, I'm publishing this with Jack's approval, gained by making a batch for him. 

Savoury ducks

200g breadcrumbs

200g onions.

500g pig's liver

500 g minced pork

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp mace

2tsp dried sage

 Whizz all the ingredients in a food processor.  If you don’t have a processor you will need to mince the liver before you can mix by hand.

Line a tin with aluminium foil and spread the mixture into it evenly.  Press it down.  Cover with foil.  Cook 180-200C, gas mark 4-6, 350=400F for one hour.  Remove the foil and cook a further twenty minutes.

When cold, cut into squares.  Jack likes them with salad or in sandwiches.  They can be recooked in a rich onion gravy and served hot.  

Sorry about the wide range of temperatures but my oven is rather old and the thermostat is “interesting”. 

When he graciously gave his permission for me to publish this he added this rider. "if you don't enjoy this Jack will have harsh words for you." 

Quack!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry, doesn't sound very appetizing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably it's just as well that there is an ocean between you and Jack!

      Delete
  2. Interesting.... I am glad there is an ocean between Jack and I as well. I don't think I could eat this and I do love cows liver. Sorry Jack.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Atlantic is proving very important.

      Delete
    2. Hi, thank you for answering my request so promptly. Sounds wonderful to me. My only problem may be find the quality of ingredients that would do it justice. Thank Jack profusely - perhaps he has other "recommended by Jack" recipes. ?

      Annie

      Delete
    3. I can't recommend a "Recomended by Jack" section. Some of his culinary "experiments" are unique!

      Delete
  3. What size tin do you use please? Pollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Pollie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great and much simpler to produce than other recipes I found on google. Jack knows his ducks. I'm now looking for better quality pork, raised by someone who knows what they are doing.

    Thanks again
    Annie

    ReplyDelete