Search This Blog

Sunday 23 April 2023

He's back!

 


Hi Everyone

I hope you’re all keeping well.  It’s such a long time since I put pen to paper and, although a third of the year has gone, I’d still like to wish you a Happy New Year.

Firstly, I’d like to thank those who sent me birthday wishes.  It’s so humbling to know I’ve got people all over the word who are kind enough to do so.  My 80th celebrations started in February when my very good friend the Vicar (it’s not like me to be nice to her but this time she deserves it) took me out for a meal.  Thank you, Vicar!

As you know my birthday was at the beginning of March.  My last meal out was 31st March.   I had a long and wonderful time made even better by your comments.  Reaching 80 years was so good and my next target is 90.  Some of the gifts I got were bizarre.  Someone sent me an incontinence sheet and a wee-wee bottle. I’m always playing pranks on people so it must have been pay-back time.

I attribute my good life these days to my little dog.  Most days we walk two or three miles.  We see deer, Canada geese, egrets.  The birds are singing and the trees are coming into bud, the crops are growing and the wild flowers are out.  All in all, it’s great to be given such beauty to enjoy.  And it’s all down to the Vicar’s Boss!

On one of my other posts I have told you I’d found a long-lost friend in New Zealand after forty years.  Well, I’ve got back in touch with one of our bridesmaids whom I haven’t seen for a very, very long time.  She’s moved many miles from me.   We met up in a pub and her hubby and my daughter came along too.  I didn’t recognise her but she recognised me.  It was so emotional.  She sent me a photo of herself aged eighteen months when I was fifteen. 

It won’t be long before I post again if the vicar lets me (she’s kind enough to copy this out) - I’m creeping again.

Please look after each other and remember, it’s because of all our yesterdays we can enjoy all our tomorrows.

All the best, Jack

 

No comments:

Post a Comment