Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 April 2023

The restyle begins

Front drive -complete with Portaloo!
 Jack is coming today and today the sorting of my garden begins.

I think I have had the best builders in the world working on the alterations.  They have been so kind and courteous, anxious to make the whole process as easy for me as possible.  I haven't been able to use the drive for several weeks but each time I have parked my car on the street they have been there to carry stuff into the house for me.  It has been difficult for me to get to the wheely bins but they have taken rubbish out for me.  They have appreciated the copious supplies of tea and coffee (and have even remarked on the fact that I always use proper coffee amd posh mugs!) but they have well deserved every mug. 

Back gardeb skate board run!

 

And my neighbours have been great too.  The drive and front path haven't been available to me so my neighbour asked the builders to take a panel out of her fence so I could step through and use her drive.  Whenever I have apologised to any neighbour for the noise, dust and inconvenience they have all said they are delighted that things are being made easier for me.

And now I need to butter up Jack.  There will be a lot to do and I will have a large deficit of Brownie points as I won't be able to cook lunch for him today (I've been invited out so he will moan) but no doubt he too will avail himself of the unlimited tea.

And he too will do his bit to make my garden wonderful.  After he's cleaned the windows so I can see it!

10 comments:

  1. Your big project is looking good, and how nice that the builders are appreciating your tea and coffee served in posh mugs, and the neighbors are being neighborly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that there is so much kindness being shown - by the builders, the neighbour - and of course, yourself with the posh coffee. And won't it be lovely when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'swonderful to know how much kindness is about.

      Delete
  3. So much safer now, I do love good neighbours, we are lucky too for most of ours except her next door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much safer it feels. I hadn't even realised that I felt anxious

      Delete
  4. Everything looks safe and easier for you now. I'm sure Jack will be able to make everything look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He startedyesterday He's back next week. And will be here quite a bit over the next few weeks.

      Delete
  5. Applause for work completed!

    ReplyDelete