Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 December 2021

That was 2021

 


I've had a great year!  I know many people haven't but I'm a bit of an introvert and I've enjoyed my own company.

Few people realised a year ago that we would still be isolating and "being careful" but that's how it is and we are having to get used to the idea.  I'm not going to pubs and restaurants, going to shopping areas as infrequently as possible, and being very sparing in my (face to face) contacts with friends.  My pre-existing conditions make it somewhat likely that, if I get covid, I will be ill, and I feel that as I manage very well with just my own company, I can do my bit by being one less problem for the NHS.  

I'm finding plenty to do in my own home and am increasingly thankful for on-line shopping.  I've got a huge stash of crafty bits and pieces but there's often something I need to complete a project.  This year every Christmas present included something home-made, even if it was just a jar of chutney.  I've made great inroads into the fabric stash by making a lot of bags as presents.

I've taken myself well in hand weight-wise and have lost two stones, nine pounds (that's thirty seven pounds or seventeen kilos) even with the Christmas hiatus.  This means that I have lost almost six stone since the end of 2013.   I have had a (very necessary) knee replacement and am now walking again and  even with that set-back I have increased my annual step count slightly.  

Not only have I lost weight, it feels as though my house has lost weight too.  I will never be a tidy girl but decluttering and re-organising have made my bungalow rather more civilised and Annie-The-Home-Enhancer has made it super comfortable.  

I've had a couple of extra visits from my nephew, once to help out after my knee surgery and once to celebrate my seventieth birthday.  It would have been good to get out more myself but that wasn't to be.

My garden has flourished with the help of you-know-who so that my Christmas lunch included home-grown beetroot, onions, leeks, carrots and broccoli.  I've had flowers and veg and been able to enjoy sitting in the garden and eating meals out there.  

Life is good and I am truly blessed.  


14 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss. Now the family have left we are returning to a stricter regime with respect to puds and bread. Here's to a happy healthy 2022. I'm so glad to know you are surrounded by caring friends. Happy memories of our coffee shop date in Dorset (which feels like a lifetime away now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember that happy day too! I'm glad that you are enjoying your retirement now.

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant weight loss, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic weight loss, I too am going down but very slowly.. but I'm sticking with it. Happy and Good Health for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't think six stone over eight years is very rapid but I too am sticking with it. Have a great 2022

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss. You'll have to write a post on what you did to lose it. I could use some tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it's just little tweaks but every little helps.

      Delete
  5. Well done on losing the weight. I am hoping to lose a bit over the winter as well, just need to watch what I am eating and one of my goals for the upcoming year is to add to the exercise routine.

    I need to work on getting the house a bit lighter and that is another goal for the upcoming year as well.

    I hope that the new year brings you many more blessings.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get out walking again. And today is my day for getting the fridge "New Year ready".

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the weight loss! Well done! And I am so glad this year hasn’t dragged you down. I feel much as you do because I, too, and an introvert and that being coupled with being an “only child” I learned to play alone a long time ago! I have found that I have learned a lot from this pandemic — and it isn’t all bad! Here’s to a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had been in training for surviving a pandemic for most of my life.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your weight loss!

    I'm glad you had a great year.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow .. excellent job on the weight loss. Perhaps 2022 will be my year to succeed on the weight loss! God bless in 2022!

    ReplyDelete