Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 December 2021

24 more sleeps


 I've had this advent stable for the best part of twenty years now.  I think it cost about £60 when I bought it and that felt very expensive but it has given me far more than £60 of pleasure over the years. Each little cupboard contains a nativity figure so when I've turned it around and opened the cupboards on the other side, there will be just one more sleep.

Most years I put the figures back with a view to a logical order of getting them out the next year but last year I decided to go rogue and (apart from Joseph, Mary and Jesus) I put them away in a random order so I will be telling the Christmas story in an original style this year.  

First out is a very important chap, a king with a very expensive pot in his hands.  He looks very pleased with himself and he probably thinks he will be the most important person in the character.  For the time being he can stay near his camel - he's far too important to be in a smelly stable.

5 comments:

  1. I once had an advent house that when you opened the doors a bird or animal would be there. A friend has sent me the Jacquie Lawson Advent calendar. I must go now to open the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely advent stable and how festive your table will look when all the figures are out and you have arranged them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say it was a very good purchase. I wish I could find something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful purchase. I think that it will give you many more years of pleasure.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely! What an excellent way to lead up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete