Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 December 2021

TWNNFD

Otherwise known as That Was November, Now for December.

I feel that I should sign this post "Pincushion" as I have had my covid booster, my annual flu vaccine and the shingles shot which I was offered because I have passed seventy.

More progress has been made towards getting a wet room but it won't happen until the spring.  The landlord is also considering improving access to my bungalow and that has to wait for slightly warmer weather to get a good "cure" for concrete (apparently!) and all the work will be done at once.  I'm just deeply grateful for how much care is taken to keep me safe and well.

During November I've been out a little to shop in Brigg but the news of the omicron variant means that I shall now be minimising my social contacts again.  I've arranged to meet a couple of friends in a semi-outdoor cafĂ© and I'm taking two services over Christmas but otherwise I'm staying put.   

Christmas preparations are going quite well and I am sewing a little every day.  Using this blog as a record of my progress has been really helpful.  Your comments have spurred me on!


3 comments:

  1. Good news about the safety improvements planned for your home. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am staying put as well. While covid has wreaked havoc on our lives in general, I don’t mind being at home and quiet. I really rather like it. I am also discovering that I can’t have the television on much anymore, the noise (and dreadful news) is very jarring to me so i spend my time even more quietly than I did before. I wish we didn’t have the plague to threaten us but I am really enjoying my new “reality”.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pincushion indeed! Having recently been a pincushion myself, I wish you a speedy recovery! My shingles shot arm is still has a hot red spot and it has been over a week now.

    ReplyDelete