Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 December 2021

I think I might be on the naughty list

 because it's such a long time since I blogged. 

I was doing quite well on blogging my Christmas preparations then things went pear shaped.  I've still be preparing for Christmas but not blogging.

First of all the sewing machine had a major hissy fit.  So I tried to phone the nice little man who services my machine.  But he had closed down during the pandemic.  So I had to find a new nice little man.  Who (of course) was further away.  And he works only two days a week.  So off I went and delivered my machine.

And on the way back the windscreen wipers broke down.  This is not the season to be without windscreen wipers (and it's illegal anyway).  So I contacted the garage and they were fully booked.  But they fitted me in as I have been a customer for over twenty years.  But the part wasn't in stock.  And parts are (like everything else) a bit difficult to obtain at the moment.  So I had to wait a few days for parts.  When they came it was a two hour job with a correspondingly high bill.

And when I went to fetch my machines (I'd taken in two) the bill was also high so bang went the December budget.

And then I caught "the" cold.  It seems as though everyone who has caught a cold recently has said it's about the worst they've ever had and I would endorse that.  Over two weeks later I am still coughing for Britain.  It has really knocked me out

Those are my excuses.  But I'm hoping you will allow me to claim that I am


PS I'll post about some of my Christmas sewing later.


6 comments:

  1. Well .. I wondered where you were. A series of unfortunate events it would appear. Can't love when that happens. Look forward to finding out about your Christmas sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That answers my question about what happened to you. What a miserable outcome: broken machine, wipers, excessive bills, and on top of that a dreaded cold. Take care of yourself and hope Jack's able to help you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was your comment which prompted me! Thank you

      Delete
  3. I would say naughty things happened to you, but you remain on the nice list. Is it possible your severe cold was a mild case of Covid? Especially with the new variant, it usually is very mild, like a cold. That would mean you are now very immune. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice thought but I have been doing lateral flow tests regularly so am pretty sure it's not covid.

    ReplyDelete