Search This Blog

Saturday 6 November 2021

Seven weeks to go

 


I'm trying to be organised but the weeks seem to be flying past!  These weekly posts are intended to be the basis for my Christmas planning in years to come and blogging about my preparation is a cue to assess the situation each week.  

This week I bought sausages and bacon and made and froze pigs in blankets.  I have Christmas Day alone but I enjoy a few PIBs through the Christmas-to-New-Year season.  I've put a three-bird-roast and some rather nice stuffing into the freezer too.  

My big brag of the week has to be that I have got all my Christmas cards written.  I don't think I have ever been quite as early as this, certainly since I retired.  I've written letters for some of them but a couple will get letters written just before I post them at the end of the month.  

Later on I'll need to think about decorating the house but most prep now will centre on presents and food.  

6 comments:

  1. Great! I too have been preparing. Finished outside of Christmas cards yesterday. Dan is writing something for me to put inside. I have shopping started too. We will not see Buffalo family members at Christmas as they are headed to son in law's home in Georgia so when we visit at Thanksgiving (traveling there in two weeks) I will take Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some turkey pieces and ham in the fridge for Christmas dinner and I intend adding a few treats starting next week as I hit the shops - the special tins of biscuits and chocolates are making an appearance just now so it is time.
    I picked up extra stamps this past week but I do need some new cards so they ar eon the list to buy this Monday when I'm out. I may be on my own or I may have a friend to dinner on the day but I don't plan on travelling to see family until after New Year so it will be another quiet holiday - and truthfully - I don't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very well prepared. Me, well hopefully very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder, what is a three bird roast? You are so organized with your Christmas cards, you are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A three bird roast is a combination of turkey, chicken and duck but it's bits of each, not whole birds! They are stacked and then wrapped up with bacon. It's sold frozen. It's a tasty treat for me at Christmas: not too big but there will still be leftovers for Boxing Day.

      Delete