Search This Blog

Saturday 20 November 2021

Five weeks to go

 

Those weeks whizz by, don't they?  The house feels a little untidy as presents wait to be wrapped and odd foods find their way into the freezer or store.  Cards are ready for the last letters to be popped in and sewing projects need to be completed.  It's definitely time to draw breath.

I'm also thinking about food, always a happy thought!  I've got the meat for my main meal (in the freezer already and I've cooked the pud but as I'm a little better organised than usual I've been thinking about doing some baking, a rare event in this one woman household.  I thought, "Should I make some puff pastry and make my own mince pies, sausage rolls and cheese straws?"  Then I thought, "Nah, I'll buy frozen pastry and cheat my own mince pies, sausage rolls and cheese straws."  Happy thought. 

Because, to be honest, this has been a lazy week Christmas preparation-wise.  I've had my covid vaccine booster and I've had my flu vaccination so I've been a little tired (my only reaction) so apart from a couple of hours sewing I've been a little lazy.  And it feels important to note for my future Christmas planning: start early and allow for weeks when very little will get done.   

5 comments:

  1. We received our first Christmas card. It was a save the new address card as well, but so early for us. Usually our Thanksgiving marks the start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the gift finished for Kurt's friend late last night, and today I have cut out the oven mitts to sew, as well as started on Kris's knitted blanket. Hopefully I will finally be moving ahead with my Christmas projects.

    I just don't know where the time goes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to giggle at the cartoon of 'the tired woman' - just how I feel and look when I first get up!
    Yes, I was very tired after the double jabs session, but a Granny nap on 2 successive days soon sorted me out. Benji crept in and I woke to find him fast asleep in the crook of my knees. He knows he's not allowed on beds, or even in bedrooms, but . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa .. those weeks really do fly by and I still have much to sew. After major flooding that took out supply routes inland from Vancouver leaving store shelves empty .. our Christmas meal plans might not be as usual but I have some stock at home. I hear that some things are getting through to us although amounts we can purchase are limited. Praying for the folk caught in the floods and mudslides!

    ReplyDelete