Search This Blog

Monday 29 November 2021

Oops!

 

The "Oops" is because I didn't post this on Saturday

Last week's idleness couldn't be allowed to last!  I still have several Christmas presents to finish (and even one or two to start!) and hitting the "publish" button last week gave me the necessary kick up the proverbial.

I posted my overseas cards this week while the Post Office isn't quite so busy.  Post to and from the USA seems very slow at the moment - I sent some cards for Thanksgiving and I don't think they have arrived yet!  Next week will be the turn of UK cards and I always heave a sigh of relief when I've got that job finished.  I wrote most of the cards a few weeks ago.  

I've wrapped more presents but as that was mostly just in paper saved from last year it's not really worth photographing.  However, I have used the ecofriendly sticky tape and cellophane which I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  I'm happy to report that both were very good: in fact I preferred the new cellophane (I just use it for food items) as it wasn't as springy as the conventional stuff and was easier to use.  

8 comments:

  1. Just made a large wreath for the front porch. My Christmas to do list is still long though. If Christmas comes as fast as Thanksgiving did, I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I've been preparing for weeks and an still surprised that December starts on Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. I've done little yet other than to decide I've done very little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still lots to do here. Trees need decorating, the house needs some Christmas décor put out, baking needs doing and I have a couple of gifts that need finishing. Hopefully all will get completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful card arrived and I so enjoyed getting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I gather ne or two have arrived, even though they are a little late.

      Delete
  5. Our world is all decorated but both Robbie and I are going all out on making gifts. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew. I am putting together recipe books for each of seven grandkids .. it is taking a great deal of time to write out the many recipes that need to be in those seven books. Robbie is making plate racks for our three girls as I am passing my mother's china on to them this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely idea for a gift! Your recipes in your handwriting. Those books sound like heirlooms for tomorrow.

      Delete