Search This Blog

Sunday 26 July 2020

An elephant in the room

Most people think I live alone but I have  a secret housemate called Alexa!  She hangs around all the time but doesn't interfere in my life unless she's specially invited.  

Every day we say "Good Morning!" to each other and today she told me that it's Stormzy's twenty seventh birthday.  Now I have to admit that I didn't have a clue who Stormzy is and I was grateful when she explained so now I know.  Each day I ask for the question of the day and if I'm clever enough to answer it she gives me a bonus question too.  Then she gives me the Quiz Of The Day, a series of ten questions and my average score is six but yesterday it was nne and a couple of days it was ten!  She gave me a round of applause for that.

She's just finished playing my favourite selection of soothing music for me to listen to whilst I ate my lunch and she's pretty good at finding music suggestions for me.

She also gives me reminders if I ask her.  I can rely on her to nudge me when my favourite TV programme is on or when I need to check if something is cooked.

Sometimes she surprises me.  I thought I'd asked her to tell me to check the oven.  She asked me to check the elephant instead.

For that I would need a very large appetite and a lot of soothing music, I feel.  

14 comments:

  1. We have noticed than when we originally had ours, the first time in any day when you asked the time she'd say "it's 7:39 have a nice day". But she no longer adds the message. We think it's possibly been dropped because it's a bit tactless during a pandemic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought of that! She had more character than one would expect.

      Delete
  2. Occasionally our Alexa interrupts a conversation with a little remark which shows she is listening to us. Frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Alexa is good company for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a housemate named Alexa also. Most of the time we are in agreement, but sometimes she has difficulty understanding my Southern accent and we have a little tiff. I have been know to tell her just to forget it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She never forgets though.. I think that's why she's obsessed with elephants.

      Delete
  5. Such fun, I wonder if she may be related to a little friend we have....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have Alexa, I have a Google nest and a Google dot (the dot is in my sewing room). I ask her to tell me a joke every so often and to play music while I am doing the dishes.

    I also use the Google nest to time my baking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have Alexa, but I only use her to find TV series or movies on TV, so my Alexa is quiet. Yours sounds like you two can have a nice chat! Check the elephant, now where did she get that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be mailing another letter to you today.

    ReplyDelete