Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2020

169 days or 120 days depending on how you look at it

It was 11th March that I made the decision to withdraw to my little bubble of a bungalow.  That's 120 days.  I'm not intending going out much for a long time to come.  I'm quite happy here.  I feel safe.  I don't want to make unnecessary demands on the health service.

I always spend Christmas alone although I usually take a service if I am needed.  It is highly likely that I will still be living in my little bubble then.  However, I will want to stretch out from my bubble and send cards and presents.  This year more than any other I have time to have a very home made Christmas, although much of my Christmas is always home made.

My first job is always cards.  I've made a hundred, all nearly the same.  Like these.  

And I've got 169 days left to make other things.

7 comments:

  1. We are thinking along the same lines. There is noting nicer than an homemade gift/card made with love and that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i gave up on cards a few years ago , we have little family and at the moment it seems few friends, they all seem to be dropping like flies, not by covid but other aging ailments and divorces

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly been very focussed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such cute cards. I hope I get one. I'll be taking mine once I'm settled in NH. You're on my list. 6 more days to departure north.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same as you - home alone is the safest place. But do you have friends who ridicule your decision, saying that you can't stay in for ever and can't live your life being socially distanced from the rest of the world? I desperately miss hugs from my family and worry that the grandchildren will grow away from the Grandma who chooses to stay away. I do occasionally go out in my car, to keep the battery charged, etc,. and if possible, find a secluded area to give the dog a run, but shops are a no-no as well as places where there are lots of people. There can be no guarantees if and when it will ever be safe to venture out - so what is the best thing to do? What indeed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am mainly staying home in my little bubble too. I heard it said "I am not stuck at home. I am safe at home." That puts a better spin on it. You have made a lot of pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most days I enjoy my little bubble and manage to get lots done. You have an excellent start.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete