Search This Blog

Thursday 6 August 2020

Special delivery

I've been quite busy during these days of  distancing.   I've got a list of ladies whom I call once a week or once a fortnight for a chat.  I feel there's not much I can do whilst everyone is still rather isolated, but I can be a cheery voice on the end of a phone.

But there's one group of ladies who have been phoning me, and that is the committee of Caistor Women's Institute.  Once a fortnight someone phones and we have a chat about what's going on.   I really appreciate the calls.

Today's call was a little different.  Margaret rang and said, "Will you be in this afternoon?"  We agreed I would be in my garden around two and promptly at 2pm I heard the side gate click and there she was.  With a bag in her hand.

And in the bag was afternoon tea!  To be precise there were four sandwiches, a small bag of crisps, a sausage roll. two scones, strawberry jam, clotted cream, a florentine, a crispy cake, a slice of chocolate Swiss roll, a flapjack,  and a teabag.  And then there was a bottle of prosecco and a strawberry.

Guess what I'm having for tea.  And probably tomorrow as well

8 comments:

  1. That is so like from the WI and I hope you enjoyed your afternoon tea, friendship is so kind.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! Sounds like a marvelous tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that kind! What a super surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely and precious gift of friendship.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super surprise. I am glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bliss, Christmas in August. What a fabulous surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete