Search This Blog

Sunday 3 June 2018

Gold

Yesterday I was invited out for a very special lunch - a lunch to celebrate Mr and Mrs Jack's Golden Wedding.


They were married fifty years ago in this lovely church of which I later became vicar.  


Together they had two children and now have three grandchildren.  


They have enriched each other's lives and the lives of many others - including me!  Yesterday their family and a few friends gathered at a pub to celebrate with them.  

Jack dearly loves to make a speech so we knew we were going to be entertained yesterday.  I can't remember why part of the speech was made with a plunger on his head.

But I do know very well why I was presented with a hook.

I'm so glad that Mr and Mrs Jack found each other and married all those years ago.

And I am privileged to be one of their friends.


Note for new readers.  Jack is my gardener, handyman and friend and he appears frequently on this blog.    We have known each other over twenty years but for this last year he has been waiting for knee replacement surgery and then recovering from that surgery.  This link will tell you why Jack wanted to give me a hook. 


13 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHH mercy!!!! "Something" fell in the pot!!!!!! -gigggles-

    So nice that there was a celebration for their 50th.

    He certainly looks like a fun person. And his wife, is a cutie. Naturally wavy hair and a lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will appreciate having a new fan. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun seeing these photos of Jack and his Mrs. and family. Jack just seems like a great friend to have and I am sure he feels the same about you! Happy Anniversary, Mr & Mrs. Jack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack has now acquired a tablet so he will be delighted to receive your comment.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to them both - they look very happy and everyone seems to be having a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a great day and a good time was had by all.

      Delete
  5. Hi!!!!

    I just posted a post, with a link to your blog, in it.

    :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you up and about, Jack; it looks as though your new knee is giving you a new lease of life. Very best wishes to you and Mrs Jack on your Golden Wedding Anniversary - a truly wonderful achievement.
    From the happy smiling faces, it looks as though you all had a good time . . though I'm still racking my brain as to why there's a plunger attached to your head! - Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could remember the reason too! Doubtless Jack will tell me when I see him and I MAY report back.

      Delete
  7. 50 years is such a FANTASTIC accomplishment!!! The celebration must have been wonderful. Congratulations to the both of them, Jack and the Mrs! What a tremendous blessing to share life together with someone for half a century...

    The plunger photo is hilarious! It must have been such a joyous celebration for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both had a wonderful day and I enjoyed sharing in it.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations to Jack and the Misses! 50 years is quite the reason for a celebration. I am sending you cheers of joy from across the Atlantic, over a mountain, and across many lakes from Minnesota, USA! And...I"d like to read about the story of the plunger on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks to all commenters. I'll make sure Jack gets to see all the comments.

    ReplyDelete