Search This Blog

Friday 22 June 2018

Harmony

I've been on my hols!  Someone whom I have met only briefly gave me a seven day self-catering break which she had booked for herself but couldn't use.  How kind is that!

For me the day before I go on my holidays is the most important day of the holiday.  That's the day I prepare for the break but even more I prepare for coming back from the break.  As I've said many times, I'm a lousy housekeeper but there's something about going on holiday which spurs me on to do something about the state of the house.

So off to North Wales I went last Friday and I stayed in a delightful barn conversion and just chilled.  I went out every day but sometimes only for two or three hours before I came back to the real business of this break - helping my soul and body to be in the same place.  Once I upload my photos to the pooter I'll write about some of the things I did but for today I am just enjoying being back in my lovely home.  

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise!!!!

    So happy for you.

    Just enjoy memories of your holiday, and settle in back home.

    We will be here, when you get to posting about it.

    Happy Midsummer hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so lovely, very thoughtful of your friend and what a wonderful place to get body and soul back together.

    Arriving home to a clean and tidy house must have been rather nice, too. The best of both worlds.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice to get away from the regular routines. But I agree when you return you don't want to face a myriad of housekeeping chores you neglected to do in the weeks beforehand. Feels more like your holiday continues when you return to a clean abode. Will look forward to your trip details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How kind! I hope it is a wonderful break.
    I always ensure that my apt. is tidied, there are clean sheets on the bed and there is some food in the fridge or freezer for when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How kind of your friend! I hope you had a lovely time. My very generous friend has paid for a holiday for us to have once I've finished all my chemo & radiotherapy - it really is something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes for the chemo and radiotherapy. I'm sure you need something to look forward to you and friends are the best!

      Delete