Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Simple pleasures on a drizzly day

I live in a lovely community in a glorious county but I know that the loveliness and the glory are there because other people have volunteered and planted things, picked litter and made sure beauty is accessible to all and for all that effort I am deeply grateful

Today I had the opportunity to help enrich our environment when I joined with our Trefoil Guild in planting snowdrops in the grounds of our County House.  Each of us had dug  few bulbs from our gardens at home and on a drizzly March day we joined together to plant them "in the green".

There's a real satisfaction in knowing that next year things will look even better than this year and, because snowdrops spread very readily in this area, things will continue to get even better.
So a simple pleasure for this not-very-nice day in March was knowing that we have started a new swathe of beauty which should last for many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful show of community. I am hoping to get in on a Earth day event or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely idea. So many people will enjoy them in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done everyone... I love snowdrops, but for some reason, all our short ones (which are what I call the ‘normal’ ones - although I know there are many varieties) seem to have disappeared and we are left with a clump of those which are so tall they look like they are on steroids!

    ReplyDelete