Search This Blog

Friday 12 July 2024

L is for Living My Best Life


Living my best life!  I suppose it's a bit of a cliche.

I have a file called "Living My Best Life" on my computer and I write in it every morning.  It helps me monitor my health (How many steps?  How much do I weigh?), my finances (how do I spend/save/give my money?) who I have seen (or telephoned?) what have I done?  Most of all, it is a reflective journal encouraging me to write down my thoughts and concerns each day.

I started to keep a journal during the pandemic when I needed to have a sense of control over those endless months.  I chose to declutter, to lose weight, and to make plans, both short and medium term.  I noted my phone calls and zooms so that I could remember the thoughts and concerns of others and phone back as needed.  And I found I enjoyed doing it.

I've read lots of articles about how our seventies are among the happiest times of our lives and I am finding that to be true.  I have leisure time and friends to spend it on.  My income is reduced but I spend and save carefully.  I'm getting older but the aches and painbs are mostly under control.  As I said in this post I want to go on a cruise which means I need to save money and guard my health.  

Are you living your best life and what helps?

6 comments:

  1. There are so many accessible cruise choices now. Hope you get to go on one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my eye on one. And I think I may buy a lightweight scooter as well

      Delete
  2. Good for you. We went on our first ever cruise last September to Alaska and loved it. We started small and hope to do another one very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! The anticipation is pretty good too, isn't it.

      Delete
  3. Yes my seventies (and I am nearing the end of them) have been among the happiest of my life. Overall at peace with God and man.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Annie! It's good to know that I can anticipate a brilliant decade.

      Delete