Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 May 2024

TWAHAM

 TWAHAM?  That was April, how about May!  

I used to write the occasional post like this years ago but haven't done so for ages.  So here goes!

April

I made my Christmas cards apart from the inners.

I made strenuous efforts to keep energy consumption low. 

I started a coding course but realised it’s not for me!

I celebrated, very quietly and alone, the thirtieth anniversary of my priestly ordination.

I led worship at three different churches as well as my regular on line commitment.

I got a video doorbell.   I decide that I need to get things whilst I can still learn how to use them!

I did three nights dog sitting

I joined the Scottish National Trust again.   They ask only £62.40 where as the National Trust (for England) would want £91.20.  My Scottish card gets me into English and Welsh properties and, although I won't get an (English) handbook, all the information in it is available on line.  

I hosted a couple of lunches. 

I went to a confirmation for a severely autistic (non verbal) man.  His faith expresed through that service, moved me to tears.  

May

I'm taking a short holiday, staying with my nephew in Worcestershire.

I'm booked for ten nights dog sitting. 

Im booked to lead worship on three Sundays. 

I have thee more lunches to host.

And my garden is coming into bloom!

Bring it on!




8 comments:

  1. You are keeping yourself well occupied. How's Jack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you love Worcestershire as much as I loved Herefordshire. Beautiful counties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it. I had a few days with my nephew a few years ago and found Worcestershire lovely then.

      Delete
  3. Your planned activities are a good mix of things, it is a benefit for us to keep active. As a senior myself, I aim to balance activities and rest and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have as much fun in May as I am planning for myself.

      Delete
  4. What you've done was amazing and what you've planned sounds amazing too, dog sitting sounds good, I'm still missing mine dreadfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it odd. When I think about my day-to-day life I feel as though I do nothing. It's ony when I look at a period of a month or longer, that I realise that I do quite a bit!

      Delete