Search This Blog

Thursday 3 June 2021

The whirlwind. .

Jack said he'd be with me between 8.30 and 9am so he was here by 7.10, as I expected.  So we settled down with a cuppa and checked my list.  My lists have a degree of notoriety as far as Jack is concerned.  This one had ten items on it so maybe the notoriety is justified.  I couldn't possibly comment.  

The first thing was to mend the sitting room blind.  One of the frustrations of disability is that there are so many tiny jobs that I can't do because I can't use a step ladder so the first job was definitely a quickie.  The second one was too - the sitting room door was sticking and it isn't any more.  The loft light isn't working so two jobs couldn't be done.  The list was down to six.

The balance pulley wasn't working for one of my hanging baskets but that was dealt with quickly.  Next I wanted a kitchen cupboard wiped out: I'd emptied it but again I can't climb steps to see what I'm doing when I wipe down.  The list was halved!

Then there were scabious to be planted and also leeks so they were soon in the ground.  The beans need support so he unpacked and assembled a couple of obelisks which were near a tap which needs fixing.  Job done.  The tomatoes were tied in,

By that time it was about 9am, the time he was due to arrive.  So we had a cuppa so he could start his day properly a hundred and ten minutes after he had arrived.

Some time I'll tell you what he did with the rest of the day.  


5 comments:

  1. Wow, Jack sure gets things done quickly. He is a whirlwind in human form.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that was a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. had to chuckle , im a creature of lists with my never ending projects the list gets bits crossed off as i tackle stuff but it continues to grow all the time ...sudden thought at 3am could i possibly make round hanging baskets covered with house leeks ??? where did that come from

    ReplyDelete