Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Smiles

 
 I woke up this morning to a sound which I have never heard in the eleven years I have lived in this house.  It was a cuckoo!  Their numbers are in decline so that was very special.  Are they the only birds which are better known for their song than their appearance?  It was good to wake with a smile on my face!

It is a beautiful morning so I decided to go to Brigg to do my shopping.  In Lidl a schoolgirl, aged maybe 13, was ahead of me in the queue at the till.  She gave me a shy smile and "Good morning" and she helped me put my stuff on the conveyor belt.  I don't really need help but I wanted to encourage this bright young lady who wanted to make her bit of the world a better place by offering help when she could.  She renewed my smile.

Then I went along the tow path to get to the market place and I met a gorgeous golden cockerpoo.  I love spaniels of any description but this one really won my heart when, to his owners intense embarrassment, he tried to climb on the platform of my trundle truck.  A lot of dogs do this if they have other human friends who use mobility scooters but I love it!  This dog not only made me smile, he made me laugh!  

A happy morning - and I was home by 10am!

4 comments:

  1. Waking to a cuckoo. How neat would that be? I was up shortly after dawn today to get outside to garden before the heat took over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you had a day full of joy and happiness. How wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I have a big smile on my face and in my heart, thanks to your lovely, smiley post. Thank you Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats a smile, missed lately by the mask wearing. Sounds like you have had a lovely day of smiles at lifes wonderful pleasures.

    ReplyDelete