Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2021

Seeking Joy!

Over the years I have established a custom of looking for joy in January on this blog.  January can be such a bleugh month and looking for the lovely things isn't a bad habit to cultivate at any time of the year.

My first "joy" of 2021 is actually very hard work for me - I'm still walking around the block almost every day as I have since about 20th November!  Actually I didn't walk outside yesterday as it was rather icy so I just did my steps indoors, but I've just been out today and I've made arrangements with Claire-along-the-road to go out tomorrow.  To be honest it isn't getting much easier.  I don't feel ready to increase my distance and I still need quite a lot of stops, but the effect on my self-esteem is amazing!   I doubt if it will ever be easy physically.  However, my neighbours reckon I'm walking much better so I'm still claiming my gold star.  

And I'm celebrating my very good friend Claire who cares enough to come out and encourage me come rain or shine.  Truly a wonderful friend.

8 comments:

  1. I kept a list of daily joy for the entire year and then re-read them New Year's Eve. I found that looking for joy makes me more open to finding it every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My joy today was seeing the forst Tulip coming quietly out of the ground. Personally I'd creep back under the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am, your second Joy of the day x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you in keeping to your walking challenge. Something to celebrate with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, keep walking, I try to as well but avoid icy days, I'm paranoid about falling, and I don't like getting wet either!
    So I walk inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You keep right on walking, it will get easier. I also avoid walking outside on icy days. After falling and breaking a wrist for the second time, I am slightly paranoid about falling. Though I must say my husband is almost worse than me as he always asked me if I have my cell phone with me as I step out the door.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why that brings you joy, overcoming a difficulty is an achievement and should definitely be celebrated, and having a good friend cheering you on is a wonderful thing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh well done! That's a very good reason to be joyful. x

    ReplyDelete