Search This Blog

Thursday 31 December 2020

I'm with Tennyson!

"Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘It will be happier;’"  (Tennyson, The Foresters)

2020 has been a truly memorable year and actually I have personally quite enjoyed it.  That has not been true for everyone though, and most people will be happy to consign this year to history.    

I have had great conversations with friends by phone, zoom and letter.  I've tried new recipes.  I've scanned most of my photographs and decluttered a lot.  I've knitted, sewn, crocheted, read.  I've enjoyed my garden and my home.  

But for me the most important thing is that I have sorted a lot of mental and emotional debris.  I feel ready for 2021 to be the first year of the rest of my life - once I have had my vaccination!  

Come, my friends, t'is not too late to seek a newer world"  (Tennyson, Ulysses)


8 comments:

  1. Well said, Tennyson! Happy New Year to you and to the entire world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a better year for sure. It's good to hear that 2020 was ok for you. Definitely pluses for us, our move and finding this house, but the roller coaster ride with tRump and Covid has been rough. I owe you a letter. It's on my to do list to write soon. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and yours x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo the greetings above. God bless you today and always x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and the same to Jack as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have come to the conclusion this year that there is always some good to be found even in the worst of times.

    Happy New Year to you and pass this on to Jack as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the abundant blessings of God for all the days of the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE love LOVE the quote!
    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete